ricE dO soya presariO is pure BangBeng (Bangalore Bengal) newly created recipe. ricE dO soya presariO is north and south integrated Indian dish. You will not find a single household in north and south India who never tried ricE dO soya presariO. Soya are easily available in Indian Stores. Soya chunk adds meaty texture to this rice dish with beans, carrots, tomatos and spices adding lots of flavor. However, I will eat this ricE dO soya presariO anytime of the day without any other additional contents.
Cheif Waliul Hasan always use log grain basmati rice for ricE dO soya presariO. If you cannot find basmati, use long grain asian rice or mexican rice. Long grain rice stand up to the texture of nuggets and spices used in ricE dO soya presariO.
Preparation Time: 10 mins Cooking Time: 13 mins Total Time: 23 mins Makes 2 cups
- 1/4 cup soya chunks/granules
- 1/4 cup rice (chawal) , washed and drained
- finely chopped carrot and beans
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 small stick of cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1 cardamom (elaichi)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder salt to taste
- Combine the soya granules along with ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they are soft, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cinnamon, cardamom, asafoetida and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, beans, peas, rice, cooked soya granules, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve immediately with chicken curry.