How to link Mobile Number with Aadhaar using OTP
Indian People are being alerted by Telecom Companies to link up their Aadhar with ones Mobile Numbers to continue with the network. Many among us are still receiving SMS alerts and even mails and push Notifications to link Aadhar. Supreme Court has ruled that linking Mobile Number with Aadhar is mandatory.
Here details easy procedure to link Aadhar with Mobile Number by a One Time Password(OTP). Department of Telecom are providing 3 Process to register Mobile Number with Aadhar Card Number.
1. IVRS Process
2. App Process
3. One Time Password(OTP) Process
Telecom Department has now come up with user friendly process to link up Aadhar with Mobile Number. Mobile Subscribers can now verify their mobile number and link them with their 12 digit UID of Aadhaar card from anywhere in the country. Telecom Companies are offering verification services at doorsteps for Senior Citizens and other disabled persons.
Here is the process to Link Mobile Number with 12 digit UID of Aadhaar card via One Time Password(OTP) :-
Before calling the new toll-free number make sure that you have your Aadhaar card handy as well as your mobile number for the OTP. Times Now can confirm that Airtel, Idea, and Vodafone have already activated the process. We can expect Reliance Jio to activate the service in few days as well. Similarly, BSNL is also expected to activate the new service.
Below are the steps which will be directed during the IVR to complete Aadhaar re-verification using new IVR service:
- Call 14546 from your mobile number
- On being asked whether an Indian or an NRI, choose the respective option
- The IVR process will then ask for your consent to link Aadhaar card number with your mobile number by pressing 1
- Next, mobile subscribers will be required to provide their 12-digit Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm. In case your Aadhaar input was incorrect, you get another option to provide the Aadhaar
- An OTP will be generated and sent to your mobile
- Next, IVR process will require your mobile number after which you will have to give consent to your mobile operator to pick your personal details like name, photo, and date of birth from their records
- After giving consent, IVR will now read the last four digits of your mobile number to re-confirm your provided number
- Once, the re-confirmation is done, users can provide the OTP received via SMS
- After entering the OTP, you will be required to press 1 to complete the process. IVR will then mention that the Aadhaar-based mobile number re-verification process was successful.
Once the process is completed, you get an SMS on your mobile number confirming that Re-verification was successful and it will take up to 48 hours to complete the linking.
Notably, Airtel, Idea, and Vodafone costumers can start linking their Aadhaar with their mobile numbers using the new IVR service. While, Jio and BSNL customers will have to wait for some more time for the service to be activated.
It’s worth mentioning that the IVR service is available in several languages like English, Hindi, and other regional languages.